Little Bits: Weddings & Weeds

9:17 AM


Wedding projects, & gardens, & cats-oh my! Want to know the secret to growing an amazing vegetable/herb garden? Plant items, water-log them by forgetting to turn off the sprinkler, and pulling weeds? Pssh! Over-rated. Seriously though, Kyle and I have been so busy with life that we have been the worst gardeners ever. We have Jurassic Park sized weeds growing on the outside of our fence, and I am pretty sure that the neighbors think we are some sort-of white-trash hippies. Never fear, cleaning up the yard, again, is on the list for this weekend, so hopefully we can regain our image of the awesome young couple who just happen to grow corn in their yard. Yes, we’ve got summer squash, beans, peas, tomatoes, dill, basil, kale, mint, orange mint, medium-hot peppers, and corn is on it’s way. We only killed a few of the flowers, including my pretty sunflowers, but all the shade plants are still alive and well. We even have some grass on our lawn, which is more than what most people in the Midwest have at the moment.

Anyway, here are some Instagram pics to show you a little bit of my life this past week.




1)Wedding shower invites, handwritten & stamped, with owls. 2) Barry-kittens, being adorable. 3)Our engagement photos, all pretty and on a disk for us 4)Mojito's made with the mint we grew in our yard. 5)HULK FOOD-Green smoothie, made with kale & orange mint we grew, yum.

You Might Also Like

20 Musings

  1. My yard is horrible too! I pulled some weeds on Saturday before I met up with you but still have so much to do.

    You water your grass!? I watered for the first time in about 3 years on Saturday and I will probably forget to water again for another 3 years.

    I love that you're growing veggies and herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should post a recipe for that smoothie. it sounds delicious (and healthy). don't worry about the weeds. there are way more important things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "White-trash hippies"?? Nah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the owl on your shower invites! And the kitty picture! And don't get me started on my yard. It's pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... Yes, some of us are quick to judge others.
    Loving the idea of growing your mint, and squash and everything else.
    Loving your blog. congrats!!
    Will be back.
    Style Id Net
    Filomenas Closet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha so silly. Since I live in company housing we have landscapers that maintain everything and plant all the perfect flowers and clean around when it starts to look messy. I asked if I could plant a garden and instead they planted one for me. Its awesome. There is no way I'd look like a white trash hippie haha but then again i'm Mexican so I think thats kind of impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the owls! So cool..about the invites. Great about the garden too. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy mojitos! That's amazing about your garden. I'm glad everything is going great with the wedding invitations, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you started this post. How fun. It made me smile. I do love your cat pictures too. Your owl invitations look adorable!

    So happy your garden is doing well. Will you can anything?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to hear you guys have a garden. Glad those invites are going out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE green juice (or 'Hulk' juice as you've cleverly termed it) - just jealous that you made it with some of your own ingredients!

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are busy. All the best with the wedding. Hope you make lots of yummy things from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to know more about that HULK juice. Such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who cares if you have weeds in your yard, you're also growing your own FARM it sounds like. Send some of that kale over here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh, i'd love to taste the green smoothie! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Want a summer scarf? Enter to win a $20 ScarvesDotNet Gift Certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your wedding shower invites - the owls are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wedding shower invites, how exciting. I hope that goes well. When are you getting married? What a sweet little kitty in this post too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I had a lovely little garden.. what I do have is too overrun to even look at!

    Style by Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.