Inspiration, Musings, & Projects

10:30 AM

Untitled

Learning- On how to deal with my introversion. I feel like this will always be a project/goal of mine, but the more I learn, the better it gets. 

Basically there are two ways to deal with introversion: Try to work on becoming more of an extrovert, or, learn how to handle my introversion better. I feel that I have always just worked on trying to become more extroverted, and sometimes it works, but most of the time I push myself too far out of my comfort zone, and the results are bad.  So now I am working scheduling time for myself (I still fail at it, but I am working on it), as well as creating ways to see people without becoming overwhelmed/exhausted. For example: Meeting people at destinations, so that I can leave when I feel that I need to, and am not stuck there, resulting in general crankiness. That happened over the weekend, I had a lot of fun, but come Sunday night I was so worn out from being "on" all of the time, that I was crabby as hell and quite agitated come Monday. I really should have made some alone time to recharge, and I didn't. It is a lot like when a kid throws a fit in a store (we have all seen it). Why is the kid throwing a fit? Is s/he really that upset over not getting a toy/whatever? How long has it been since the kid had a nap/something to eat/etc. It isn't an excuse by any means, but sometimes when we don't get the things that we need, our emotions run rampant. 

Untitled

Working on- Growing out my hair. I actually quite miss my pixie, but the cuts were very expensive and high maintenance. I am working on growing into a short bob, a la Elizabeth Sladen (above), RIP beautiful lady. I am mostly motivated so that Kyle and I can cosplay Four and Sarah Jane Smith at Motor City Comic Con in May. 

Insanity! I am currently on the third week and it is hard. It actually goes by pretty quickly once you get started, but the biggest issue for me is eating correctly. There is a basic meal plan that you are supposed to follow, but I mostly eat pretty healthy. The issue is that it is the holidays, and for the past few weeks I have been going out for drinks, receiving baked goods from neighbors, drinking disgustingly delicious holiday-themed caffeinated beverages, and you get the picture. I am getting more toned, but you know, under all of the wobbly-bits.

Untitled

Laughing- At my own social-awkwardness. Are we sick of seeing that yet? It seems like everyone is socially awkward, but I swear I am horrible. We were invited to a holiday party for the Royal Oak Runners Group over the weekend, and since I had been running with them on Saturdays for most of October and November, I agreed to go. Well, come night of, I started panicking worrying about what to wear. I ended up going more casual, as it was a house party. We got there (late), beer in tow, and were greeted by a group of strangers. I did not recognize anyone in the room, and to top it off, they (kindly) teased us about the beer. Apparently, these parties are so fancy, no one ever brings booze. Once we snuck off into a corner to take our jackets off, we headed upstairs where there was sure to be more people. 

There were LOADS of more people, I barely recognized anyone. Kyle wandered off to put the beer somewhere, and I was left clutching my unopened Woodchuck, trying not to panic. Finally, one of my friends saw me and asked if I was okay "You look...a little apprehensive", and opened my drink. We then followed my friend around like a couple of lost puppies for a good 20 minutes, as they tried introducing us to people. Because I can't remember any of their names, I can never show up to another one of their parties again. 

After my second drink, I started to calm down. I spotted a guy talking to my friend who looked like Orlando Bloom, but older. Like, this guy could be Orlando Bloom's dad. So I decided it was a great idea to inform him of this immediately after being introduced to him. Great idea, right? Poor dude tried to play it off like "Hey, maybe Orlando Bloom looks like me?", but I think he pretty much thought that I said he looked like a hot guy, only old and was hoping that I would walk away soon. I did. 

Later, we were introduced to another person, a British guy named Tony. Of course the first thing I can think of to say is: "My car's name is Tony!" and so the conversation went:

"Tony?...That is interesting"

"Yeah, it's a Chevy Spark, so it is Tony Spark. Get it? Like Tony Stark, Iron Man, but it is Tony Spark". 

"..."

"..."

"Oh, so do you read a lot of Iron Man comics?"

"No"

"..."

"..."

*Tony walks away*

We left the party shortly after.

I still don't even know who's house I was in. 

Untitled Untitled

I am also needing time with this guy. Because he puts up with my anxieties, my OCD tendencies, as well as my fangirl fanatics. "Have you SEEN Hiddles's neck? Well, HAVE YOU?". I love this guy to peices, and I need more alone time in my life, but also Kyle-time. 

You Might Also Like

7 Musings

  1. I think you'd look cute with the Lis Sladen hairstyle! hehe.
    The work out you do is what I did for a few months in the summer through September. Now I'm trying to do more ballet again because I find it more fun and better for me. I hate those suicide jumps so much. They give me a headache too. My back kills from all the plank things right where I got my epidurals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, what you're talking about with Insanity happened to me in wushu. I built a lot of muscles first, and my body fat on top slowly went away later. It took time, but keep it up! Nowadays I'm just happy if I can maintain my muscle strength and endurance. The rest takes care of itself. (:

    Oh the stories I could tell you about my social awkwardness. Oh the stories my mind replays endlessly for me day after day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I can relate. When it comes to social functions like that I totally clam up. I start clinging to somebody, praying they won't leave me HAHAHA And if they do, I SPLIT! I'm not great at striking up conversations with people I don't know. On the blog, yes! But at parties? Hate them. It's hard staying on a diet this time a year. I cut back on snacks before Thanksgiving and loss one pant size. I was so happy. I've been pretty good so far. Those kind of hairstyles cost money for upkeep. Super cute picture! You and your hubby are an excellent pair. Have fun this holiday season.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Tis the season for awkward parties! :) Coming up with small talk is always challenging. I try to ask a lot of questions and let the other person talk so I can just stand there looking interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm kind of that way when it come to partys. panic what i would wear, say or etc. it pretty sad haha. your pixie was awesome i love it but whatever make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our personalities are very similar. Like you, I can only take so much "company" since being in the presence of others is inherently anxiety-producing. The key, as we've both learned, is balance. Giving ourselves enough alone-time (and Kyle-time) to re-charge and relax.

    When we finally meet in person, I expect you to blurt out, "You look just like Ally -- only older!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its harder as we get older too. Making these journeys through parties. Its hard to keep a balance. So love that last picture of you and Kyle.

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.