Life Lately

8:48 PM

IMG_9788
IMG_0246  

Life lately has been a bit of a whirlwind once again, and the best that I can do to describe it is: organised chaos. Work is still busy as usual, I just got back from a long, much-needed weekend of camping with the girls, I have been trying to practice taking better photos every chance that I get, trying to hit the gym on the regular again, as well as tackle all of the new tasks that Stone Clover has thrown at me. I love learning new things, and there are so many wonderful aspects to this job. I get to interact with people on all forms of social media, take photos of the band at the events I tag along to, I am learning how to do booking, as well as many other things. My confidence levels after having to approach people have grown tremendously, and sometimes it is hard to believe that it's really me. 

IMG_0018 IMG_2679

I had met Pauly years ago, back when he was a bartender at Grand Trunk in Detroit. My now ex husband, Kyle and him hit it off rather well, and so we started to frequent that bar more often with a group of friends. As the years went by, we caught a few Stone Clover shows and became closer friends. When I moved back home last August, Pauly and his wife Dani took me in almost every weekend, and the rest is pretty much history.

IMG_9851 IMG_9877

I am very much grateful for this opportunity, as I am hoping to eventually find a career doing something more creative. I am burnt out exhausted some days, but I wouldn't change a thing. I am not only working for people that I care a great deal for, I am fighting for myself. I am okay working at a desk for an oil distributor, but that is not what I am meant to do. I have been fighting an existential crises since 23 years old, and only in the past two months have I felt the kick in the ass that I have needed all along. What sort of career will become of this? I don't know. I am running with it though, and I will pour every ounce of energy I have into improving all of my interests until they become talents. I will make like Robert Frost and sprint down The Road Not Taken, because it is making a difference. I am getting better, and there are days when I want nothing more than just to make it to the other side, but I am learning to appreciate life as it is happening right now. And it is terrifyingly amazing. 

Be Brave, kids. 

You Might Also Like

6 Musings

  1. Yay! I'm so proud of you, buddy. Keep this up and you'll achieve your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never know. And that makes all the difference.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had time to take photos our lives are just chaotic at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for staying busy! Good luck with everything Sara. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.