Eats: Tuna Casserole

4:09 PM

Tuna

In hindsight, I should have taken a pic of a serving of this on a plate, because this straight up looks like a bowl of potato chips. Whoops. 

Tuna casserole, because Kyle found my stash of canned tuna in the pantry and had a craving. I am not really the biggest fan, but after a bit of tweaking, I ended up really liking this recipe. I feel like this is a simple enough dish, that everyone has their own version of it, so that makes it interesting enough for a blog post, correct?

Get
6 oz tuna (drained)
8 oz noodles, I used spiral noodles. I think most people use egg, but whateves. 
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
10 3/4 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup + water
Kettle cooked potato chips
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2 cups peas
Cayenne pepper
Salt & Black pepper to taste

Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients together in a casserole dish, except for the chips, adding enough seasonings to your own taste (I like putting 2 tablespoons or so of cayenne pepper, because I like spicy things). Next, crunch up the potato chips, and layer on the top. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. 

Tuna2

You Might Also Like

12 Musings

  1. Okay. This is happening in the future. This looks really delicious!!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never done this with tuna, but i have tried it with chicken and it's superb.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great recipe for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marking this already! I love fish, I pretty have all the ingredients, it is a must-try for me, oh thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sound really nice! I just showed it to Kris and maybe we'll give it a whirl sometime soon. I wonder if you could substitute the mushroom soup for another soup... Kris isn't a big mushroom fan.

    I may have got slightly confused about the noodles... I thought you were putting actual noodles in there, like Chinese noodles haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the only foods I miss being a vegetarian is fish. I used to live off tuna pasta bake, it was simple, quick and delicious! You've made me want it again. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always been frightened by the term 'tuna casserole', but this actually looks incredible. You're making me hungry!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. tuna casserole, yum!!! I must make this soon!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE tuna casserole, I just can't help it! I have a ton of tuna at home right now too, maybe I need to whip a batch up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tuna casserole was one of my favorites growing up. Now that I'm a vegetarian, I have somewhat perfected a veggie version made with garbanzo beans. It's not quite the same, but it brings back the good memories nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha, it does look like a bowl of crisps! xx

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.