Eats: Strawberry Lemonade

10:33 AM

IMG_7879

I mentioned that I made loads of food on Sunday, but I also made homemade strawberry lemonade! Because it is hot, and it is summer, and why the hell not. We also had an overabundance of lemons, because of another recipe that I will be sharing shortly.

Get
1 cup sugar + 1 cup water, for the simple syrup
4-6 lemons, juiced
3/4 + cups white sugar to taste
8 ripe strawberries, sliced
8 cups of water

In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Let cool. You can actually make simple syrup ahead of time, and store it in a jar. It should keep up to two weeks in the fridge. In a large pitcher, add the lemon juice, strawberry slices, sugar, and water. I added ice too, because it was super hot the day that I made this. Stir everything together, and let it sit in the fridge 15-20 minutes.

This is probably the easiest thing that I have ever posted, and not really worthy of a blog post, but lets be honest, strawberry lemonade is amazing! As is that pitcher from Target for a $1.

You Might Also Like

11 Musings

  1. YUM. I love a good homemade strawberry lemonade! That was my go to last summer when I couldn't have booze! I still love it even now that I can, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious. I love homemade lemonade in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds nice with the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this sound and look so good. i has something like that at red robins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry lemonade is pretty fantastic! I don't know why I never thought to make some myself. This looks very tasty!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love strawberry lemonade, but never made it myself. Looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, pity we are in winter lol, maybe will make it in summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the recipe..but I think it would be too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.