Weekend Recap!

8:45 AM

out

Sorry for the small absence on the blog guys, but this weekend was packed! Friday night a bunch of us went out to Orchid in Ferndale for cheap drinks and dancing. I love that my brother and his girlfriend can go now that Mariah is 21, it is always great to have more girls around! We met at my house for a group outfit shot, the guys-well; this is the only picture of the guys. We even met my friend Sara there and it was sooo much fun! We stayed at Orchid for a bit, and then headed down to Rosie’s. I am pretty sure I am done with Rosie’s, it is full of loud jerks and everyone is super dressed up like it’s a fancy club, when in reality it is mostly a sports bar. I think the final straw was when a kid I used to baby-sit (okay, I watched TV while he and my brother Mark terrorized the house) tried to flirt with me and my friend. He actually fell on top of my friend at one point; it was time to go….
 
out

Saturday we hit up the Value World in Taylor because Kyle had a coupon and we were dropping Jamie off in Dearborn. I found a few cute things for the house and then we booked it to Ikea! I only managed to spend about $45 at Ikea, but man, going in there is better than Cedar Point. I don’t even have to buy anything, even though it is impossible not to, it is just fun looking at everything. Kyle and I then headed to Lucky Strike bowling alley in Novi for Mariah’s birthday, it was a lot of fun. The younger ones headed to their hotel room and Kyle and I headed home for the night like the old farts we are.
out

Now all I want to do is decorate the house! I have every single room decorated in my mind. I even have plans to reuse some of our wedding decorations (that we haven’t even made yet!). Kyle has this weekend off and I think he wants to go out with friends, I however, am in full-on project mode. Hopefully we can find some balance and have some fun this weekend. Argh! It’s only Tuesday! :P

Details
Dress-Lost & Found Vintage
Shrug-Old Navy
Belt-Thrifted
Boots-Payless
Tights-Payless
Necklace & Earrings-F21

Song of the day "Rich Girl" By Hall & Oats

You Might Also Like

13 Musings

  1. Every time I've gone into the local Ikea, I end up feeling trapped and panicky. It's just TOO MUCH. And it's designed to make you walk through the entire store before leaving. I get super stabby. Best for me to just shop the online Ikea.

    Totes feel ya on being hit on by a kid you used to babysit. It's happened to me twice in my life, and it always makes me feel a weird combination of grossed out and (sort of) flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your dress. Glad you had such a fun weekend.

    And thanks for describing your horrible work experience. It was certainly as awful as mine. Bad jobs suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so cool to have some time with friends! Great that you are inspired to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun pic of all you guys together!

    Sounds like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sounds like a fun weekend! Great to be with friends and cool places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend! Love the photo of you guys! Great you guys had some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cook to see you are getting so inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara...sara's right it's the movie somewhere in time ... it's nice to know what was done there in your city, is worth watching the film is very beautiful

    What a wonderful weekend!
    kisses rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a packed weekend! I love ikea too and could spend hours in there but my husband hates it as he usually (and by usually I mean always) gets stuck putting the furniture together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That seems like a funfilled weekend. Love the last snap

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've never been to ikea. yeah i'm lame haha. but our dad used to own a furniture store but i love going to furniture store i want my own place haha. anywho glad you had a nice time you and kyle always have a nice weekend i just love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you all look lovely! and your dress (it's a style blog, right?) is stunning!
    looks like you had a great time!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! I got mentioned in the blog. :) I always have so much fun with you and your friends. I do agree that Rosie's kind of sucks. I'm good with going there in the afternoon evening for a meal but hate how it is at night.

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.