The churchyard

1:02 PM

church
church
church

There are always things I need more of in my life; time with friends, time alone, coffee, tea, delicious food, sleep, books such as this one, taking outfit photos in Detroit...

There are so many interesting places near my work where I could take creative and amazing photos. There are at least three large churches (like this one)  in walking distance, railroad tracks, a brick-paved road, as well as a few delicately decorated abandoned houses. TONS of interesting things to be captured by my lens and shared with the world via this blog and what do I do on my lunch-break instead of exploring with said camera in tow? I read. 

church
church
churchchurch
church
church

I also think I need more heels in my life. I have come to really appreciate how fast I can stomp through the hallways and the warehouse in them the past week. I love the terrified looks everyone gets because they think someone really important is coming and then they see it's just me, muwhahaha. It's the little things in life that keep your day interesting, no? There is always the occasional rubber-band fight when all else fails. Being a grown-up doesn't always have to be as boring as it seems. I should also refrain from referring to myself as a "grown-up"...

church



Details
Dress-Yard sale
Cardi, belt, purse & scarf-Thrifted
Shoes-Payless
Tights-Target

Song of the day "Holdin' on" By Rooney

You Might Also Like

19 Musings

  1. What a great find! Love the church too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really digging the ombre locks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The church is so gorgeous! And I love your dress and hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find at a yard sale! Cool setting for the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lov'n the hair. You do have some beautiful places where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool dress. Impressive church too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, the noise that heels make when I'm walking down a hallway always makes me feel cool and intimidating. I love your dress and scarf combination! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're only a grown-up if you act like one. It's possible to stay immature forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Detroit is a great place to explore. me aand tiff were there last week ( it was soo cold out) we just love it. i need to go to detroit more often. I'm loving your winter outfit haha love the sweater soo cute it bring the outfit together

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sara!!!! Beautiful look and church..
    Kisses rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmigosh what a gorgeous backdrop - I love it! Also...adoring your outfit - you look incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously wish we had some beautiful places like that for me to take my outfit photos around! My town is so lifeless and so far away from anything historical or even slightly interesting. Haha, I always somehow rant about my town everyday without realizing it.
    You look so adorable in that gingham dress! I also love that cardigan, it looks so comfortable and the color is phenomenal.
    xo
    lyndsey♥ of hellolyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you had a chance to look inside the church? It's amazing inside, looks like it belongs in Europe! Loving that you took outfit pictures here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit! I also tell myself that I just have grown-up responsibilities, but I'll still be a kid a heart. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the terrified looks everyone gets because they think someone really important is coming and then they see it's just me, muwhahaha. -- This made me laugh so hard! XD

    And the year just started, there's plenty of times to take photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This outfit is so incredible. I love that dress!!! And your blog! So glad I found it :)

    Annika xx
    The Pineneedle Collective

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an awesome looking church! Love the deep red in that building. You of course as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.