Taquamenon Falls Brewery

5:00 PM

vacation-August 2011 615
vacation-August 2011 613vacation-August 2011 612
vacation-August 2011 614

When camping with three guys, beer is a necessity. Not only did we have beer at our camp ever single night (I managed to sneak in some sangria once), we also stopped at two really cool bars while we were out. The first was the Taquamenon Falls Brewery, located right at the Upper Falls. After taking some quick outfit photos, we piled in the car and headed out to check the place out.

There was a pretty impressive gift shop right at the entrance that we of course had to check out. I ended up getting a hoodie that was on sale, I couldn't resist. I don't wear hoodies enough on this blog, must do so. Kyle and I started a small patch collection while we were on this vacation and now my messenger bag has some cool images ironed on it from this shop. I think the best part was all of the awesome displays, they were basically giant teddy bears.

vacation-August 2011 621
vacation-August 2011 620
vacation-August 2011 619vacation-August 2011 618
vacation-August 2011 623

 The actual brewery itself was really cool. I got a yummy chicken ceaser salad, Dan & Kyle got fish & chips and Brian got a burger. I was delighted to find that blueberries were in my blueberry ale, yum! I can safely say that it was delicious. We didn't eat out too much, but this was one of my favorite places. Probably because after dinner, we went and sat outside on the giant porch and just rocked in the rocking chairs for awhile. A perfect summer night.

vacation-August 2011 625
vacation-August 2011 627

I seriously cannot wait for all of the awesome weekends ahead, a concert a blogger meet-up, a festival in Ferndale, and best of all, my brother David is coming home from the Marines for a few days! I miss that guy. 

Details
Tank, Shirt, shoes & necklace-Gifts
Jeans-OU
Belt-Thrifted
Sunglasses-F21

You Might Also Like

12 Musings

  1. Yum..blueberry ale! So glad your brother is coming home. I'd love to go to that gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic of your friend with the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics at the slide! Lovely place you went too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Young Folks...is the perfect song for this post. How adorable! The ale looks so good. Thanks to my cousin this summer we've been drinking hard cider that I like more than beer now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of beer, but even I have to admit that blueberry ale sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camping with the guys sounds so chill. :)

    I want all of these giant stuffed toys in my bed haha.

    That's so nice that your brother is coming home from the Marines. <3

    XoXo, Bree
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo of you on the slide, it's so fun. Sounds like a great weekend. I want one of those stuffed animals for my room haha and blueberry ale sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your pictures always look so fun and I love the last one. That must be so strange to be camping as a girl alone with three beer chugging dudes! That is a really cute gift shop.

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.