House: The Kitchen

5:30 PM

IMG_1820 IMG_1818 IMG_1816 IMG_1827 IMG_1813 IMG_1814 IMG_1815 IMG_1808 IMG_1809 IMG_1807 IMG_1811 IMG_1810 IMG_1840 IMG_1838 IMG_1829 IMG_1831 IMG_1832 IMG_1830 IMG_1843 IMG_1841 IMG_1837 IMG_1836 IMG_1826 IMG_1825 IMG_1824 IMG_1823 IMG_1822 IMG_1834

Finally! An actual update on our house. It has only been 2.5 years since we lived here, no biggie. As you can tell, we finished the kitchen! Woot-Woot! It used to be a nice shade of poop/vomit before I decided to paint it smurf-blue, but I think it has improved greatly since we first moved in. As you can tell, we kept with our theme of everything not matching. Most of the stuff you see here came from Ikea, was a hand-me-down, thrifted, Target, & Modcloth. 

As much as hipster-interior decorating can be really awesome, I can't do the stark-white walls guys. I am too much of a 90's kid, I grew up thinking that my future abode was going to be bright and colorful. I am pretty sure if Monica's apartment from Friends & Lorelei's house from Gilmore Girls had a baby, it would be where Sideburns & Bangs reside. Anyway, Louie likes it so that counts, correct? 

You Might Also Like

10 Musings

  1. Aww Sara your kitchen is soo cute and homey i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the BLUE. So adorable. I'd want to bake cookies there! Have a teaparty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so awesome! Love your nifty ideas. The shelving and all those sweet extras. It just makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute kitchen. And any time Louie makes an appearance is a bonus. Love that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the view. The blue walls are gorgeous. And love the Van Gogh and Peanuts decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little touches. Great room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to sound supremely weird, but I seriously want to live in your kitchen. It is the cutest, most charming place ever - and I love how you've decorated! Teacups hanging from hooks on the walls, loads of blue...adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so good Sara! I'll take that Gumball and Snoopy picture! Yes? I'll expect it later this week in the mail. HAHAHAHA Great job doll!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Even though I like to pin pictures of immaculate looking kitchens and other rooms on Pinterest, this is probably how I would decorate my future home. Full of color and knick-knacks that I can't bear to part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen is extremely inviting!!! I love how you decorated it and it looks like it would be great fun to cook there. And no wonder why you do all those wonderful cooking posts!!!!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.