Eats: Macaroni & Shrimp Bake

10:30 AM

IMG_0934

Since it was 70 degrees out yesterday, I thought I would make something a little more summer-y. Fish always sounds like warm-weather food to me, so I decided to make a shrimp bake. This came out really good, and paired with a salad, it felt like a summer dish. Also, shrimp is amazeballs. 

Get
3 cups macaroni (I used gluten-free noodles)
1 tsp olive oil
6 tsp butter
2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
6 oz mushrooms
6 oz peeled, cooked shrimp
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 1/4 cups bechamel sauce
2/3 cups Parmesan cheese
1 large tomato, sliced
1 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper

*Bechamel sauce- Melt 2 tsp butter, stir in 1/4 cup of flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in 1 1/4  cups warm milk. Add 2 tsp finely chopped onion, 5 white peppercorns, and 2 parsley sprigs, and season with salt, thyme, and nutmeg. Simmer, stirring, for 15 minutes, strain before using. 

Bring a pan of salted water a boil, add the noodles, and oil and cook until tender. Drain, add 2 tsp butter and keep warm. Melt the remaining butter in a pan, and saute the fennel 3-4 minutes. Saute the mushrooms, and stir another 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, cook until done, then remove the pan from the heat. Add the cayenne pepper to the sauce. Place the shrimp mix, sauce, and noodles in a oven proof dish. Add the tomato slices around the edges, and sprinkle the cheese and oregano on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Eat!

You Might Also Like

11 Musings

  1. I am so hungry right now, this looks delicious and has given me the motivation to get up and make dinner soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Great post I just came across
    your blog and I love it! It would
    be amazing if you could visit my blog too.
    We can also follow each other if you like! :)
    Antonis Kariotakis KariotakiS kariotakiS kariotakis!
    kariotakis kariotakis iraklio kariotakis kriti
    Kariotakis!!!!
    very nice!!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done anything with shrimp. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great dish to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! This looks incredible! Why am I allergic to shrimp?! :P

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.