Not Alone

1:20 AM

friends

Now that school is over and I am awaiting my final grades, I have begun to look at my long list of things I want to tackle in the near future. Everything from house projects to cooking, repairing clothing, and of course working on wedding plans. First and foremost however, I am in need of spending lots of time with friends to make up for all of the times I have spent in a classroom or sitting indoors on beautiful  days doing homework and studying for exams. Friday night, Jamie and I decided to get all dolled up and head out with the gang to a new place that opened up in Ferndale called Orchid. We ended up dancing like crazy and having a great time, and the next day Kyle and I ended up heading down town Detroit to Grand Trunk with Mark and Mariah. It was great seeing people out on Campus Martius ice-skating, I can't wait to go this year!

friends

friends


friends


I am still majorly stressed about my final grades because my capstone term paper was a demanding one, but I am also completely exhausted. I am not sure if I will find a job I want with my degree, I am going to have a lot more bills to pay with all those student loans I have to repay and I know I will miss buying new pens and notebooks each fall. One thing is for certain: I don't regret it. It was really hard working full time and making the drive out to the school at night, and often on weekends to work on papers and projects. I hated the stress of making sure I had the correct classes, and that I was registered on time and filing for student loans was hell. There has not been one night this week where I haven't had a melt-down of sorts and cried over it all. I am exhausted, I am tired of people asking me what I am going to do with my life and I just want to rest and not worry about any of it for awhile. I know that I brought this upon myself, I knew that it would be hard and it was my decision. But I would never change any of it, not even if end up where I am at forever because as hard as it was, there is too much good that outweighs the bad. Yes, I may have bawled my eyes out all week due to stress, but through school I have made some great friends, and some amazing memories. This last semester alone has great short-story potential whenever I feel the motivation hit to write it out. I am excited for the next chapter, with the help of a good week's rest and some friend-therapy. Because all the hard things in life make those moments even more amazing and make me really appreciate them to the fullest extent.

friends


Details-Outfit #1
Dress-Modcloth
Belt & necklace-Thrifted
Boots-Payless
Socks-Target
Tights-CVS


Details-Outfit #2
Dress-F21
Coat-UO
Tights-CVS
Boots-Payless
Scarf & purse-Thrifted
Socks-Target

You Might Also Like

10 Musings

  1. I'm glad you are having some fun now. I know its not fun with those student loans. I'm wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update. I'm glad you have your friends to spend some celebrations with. You look good in stripes and checks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I suddenly miss being at school. Have fun with your Christmas vacation! You've waited for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my school friends too! Both of you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures - fingers crossed for your exam results!

    http://velvetskulls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best with the holidays. Love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sarah, as a (fairly) recent college grad. You should know that EVERYONE feels like they will never find a job with their degree. I wish someone had explained to me that 99% of people still feel 'dumb' after they graduate. You'll be fine. Good luck with the job hunt! I always ask people what they are gonna do when they graduate forgetting what a stressful question that is. I will switch it out with 'So are you a cat person or a dog person?'
    Also we were just discussing 'She Don't Use Jelly' yesterday. My boy-toy is obsessed with the Ben Folds Cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! You two just look so adorable. Good luck with the job hunt hon. Everything is very tough for everyone in the American economy. Just pray about it and hey, life's too short to be stressed. Enjoy your life and enjoy your hubs while you can.
    xo
    lyndsey of hellolyndsey

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.