Bri-Con

8:55 PM

coat

Here I am, nibbling at the remains of my chicken Caesar salad from the diner up the street and sipping some delicious coffee waiting for my finger tips to regain feeling after a walk with the pup and I feel pretty content for the moment. I had to be to work at 6am this morning so that I could leave at 2:30pm to haul up to the school to conduct an interview with an English professor I had last term for my paper for this term. "Bri-Con" (as he is known to the English majors) is a pretty cool guy. First off, he hung around for me to get there since I had to work, then, knowing that I am an English major and not on the newspaper staff, he helped me out a lot with the interview. I had maybe six measly questions, and he gave me two anecdotes to help fill in the gaps. I am really excited about the paper now and I still have three more interviews to do now. It's funny how you can sometimes be pleasantly surprised when you are out of your element. 

coat

I also decided that since I was already going to be at the school this afternoon, I decided to pack a bag and head over to the rec center after the interview.  Normally I am a little chicken to go to places like that, especially without the aid of an mp3 player (I can be an anti-social asshole sometimes) but I put down on my resolutions that I wanted to lose those last 12 pounds and I want to. I also have said that I want to run again and there is no way my uncoordinated ass is running on the non-salted sidewalks of Royal Oak so, rec center it is. Today I managed a half-hour on the elliptical trainer, and a half-hour on the treadmill (speed walking) and I think I am going to try running on the track next time I go. 

coat
coat
coat

Here is a coat that my parents got me for Christmas and I love it to death! It's plaid and I feel like with the right hat, I can somehow look like a plaid Carmen Sandiego. I also got this purple plaid dress from Lauren for my birthday way back in October and I wore it a few times but never managed to take a picture, but here it is in all it's purple-plaid glory!

coat

Oh and in case you guys were wondering,I have given up on taking my own close-ups and resorted to making ridiculous faces.

coat
coat

Details
Coat, scarf & dress-Gifts
Blazer-Lauren 
Tights-CVS
Boots-Bongo

You Might Also Like

26 Musings

  1. I love the jacket!! And ridiculous faces are the best kind! Also, way to keep up with the exercising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that plaid, and the frills! Oh it's a gorgeous dress :) Well done on the rec centre going. I've been consuming chocolate like it's going out of fashion and haven't exercised since November. It's the whole out of my routine thing... I'll get back there :p Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket is suuuuuper cute. :D lol I love your ridiculous faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a long time, I've been thinking that I like to look at your pictures because you have a fun, interesting fashion-style. I just realized that isn't the case. Of course you do have a great style but the bigger attraction for me is YOU -- I like looking at your pictures because you are in them. I think I'd be equally amused if you were wearing a burlap sack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats an adorable vest!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw..those are great faces. So, cool about the interview. All the best.

    Love the coat and the hat. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great about the exercise! Go You! & with the interviews too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping you get to celebrate after such a long day. Love the coat! & the hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful skirt and blazer! Good luck with the interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your coat. It is super cute. Plus that scarf is excellent. i love the pattern. Great look for such a snowy day.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Wow, 6am is incredibly early. I think the last time I woke up that early was to catch a flight to the UK last summer! How is it like being an English major?! I don't think I could ever major in English, I am so bad at it. This outfit is a very cute one for winter, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your style is pretty much...uhm..AWESOME! I'm not much of a fashion goddess...I am still into holey jeans and plain t-shirts...but I sure do love to draw fashion! haha. I love your blog yo. Also I am so anti-social when I go to places as well...sigh. Well...ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The coat and dress are both so pretty and beautiful! And gosh, how do you manage being at work at 6 am, and having the courage to still go to school afterwards AND go exercising! Damn, I guess I'm such a wuss :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look adorable in the last photo, classic Sara face :)

    Interviews always put me on my toes even though I've been doing them for 2 years. I usually come in with like 4 questions in mind (never written down) and wing it, see where the interview goes. Although sometimes I get so into question-mode I accidentally end up interviewing my own friends oops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sara!! THank you so much for stopping by!! Woohh you had an EARLY morning lady!! I am glad you got yourself some coffee and ended up having a great interview!!!
    You looked cute doing it!!I love fluffy skirts hanging out the bottom of outfits! And the jacket is super cute!!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so awesome snow pics. All the best on getting those interviews done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear there is nothing that makes school easier than a really kick ass teacher. It has sometimes made the difference between an A and a D for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your interview going well! And hooray for working out! The first time i went to my school's gym I was so intimidated, but after the first time I realized no one cares how I look, and that we're all there to just get fit.
    Your coat is so very cute! And I love the plaid dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are my favorite blogger for layering inspiration, seriously you do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Sara! Such a lovely coat! And guess what?! I was an English major too because I love reading so much but then I changed my major to Graphic Design because I'm passionate about design! Love your funny faces; you are too cute! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. In those temperatures and that much snow I'd make funny faces too just to keep the circulation going. I still haven't started exercising after my holiday-too lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so adorable, Sara! Just puttin' that out there. I love your coat, I really need to get a longer coat like that. A plaid one, of course. I'm super impressed by your gym journey as well. I used to go to the gym multiple times a week, but I've slipped into laziness since I moved. I really need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this. It looked normal on the outside, and then you popped it open and gave me a whole new view of colors. Great! : )

    Shimmery rain,
    Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look so sweet sara! =]

    nancyxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that jacket. looks super on you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. your parents are so sweet to buy that coat for you for Christmas. I love the last two photos. I'd comment more but I'm in a hurry. sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.