Renfest Double-Date

11:11 AM

IMG_8042 IMG_8044 IMG_8045

An outfit post, and a life post all in one! This was an awesome day, mostly because we really never get to see our friends Aaron, and Jenny B due to our opposite schedules, but also because it was something spontaneous for once.  I have been planning everything lately, all of our meals, what we buy each week, when we pay what bill and how much, etc. Outings with friends have to be carefully orchestrated because that is where we tend to spend too much money, and life can get pretty boring when you live like that. So it was fun to have one afternoon of freedom before we have to crack down again now that school is starting up for Kyle. 

I tried my best to find a renfest outfit, and I think I did pretty well considering I only had about 20 minutes to pick something out. I have another skirt that looks much cuter with this top, but this skirt just felt more festival to me, even if it kept riding up all weird. My poor flower crown has seen better days though. I made that back in 2010, so it might be time for a new one. I should make a whole costume next year, something simple so that I can teach myself how to use my damn sewing machine. I should say ONE of my sewing machines, I somehow ended up with multiple ones, and only one that works properly as far as I know. Why is my house the place where sewing machines go to die?

IMG_8051 IMG_8049

Kyle and Aaron are loads more photogenic than Kyle and I are. Seriously, can't take these two anywhere! Although we did try to take a bunch of cute, couple pics, most of them ended up blurry. Either it was the beer, or the puppy-nose shaped smear on the lens cap. Or a combination of both. Either way, we managed to snap a few good ones of Aaron and Jenny B, a few strange ones of Kyle and I, and when Kyle tried to take a group-shot selfie, it came out nice and creepy, hahaha. 

IMG_8064 IMG_8069
IMG_8089

I think it is safe to say that dslr cameras are not the best for selfies. 

Aaron also drove us, because he got a new car! He bought a really nice convertible PT cruiser, and named him "Gatz". We drove around in style! I don't think that I have ever really ridden in a convertible before, and it was just so much fun! We felt so fancy. I took the last two photos, as well as a snapchat, and a video for instagram (hey, I really liked the car, lol) before passing out  for the rest of the way home. We had SO much fun, and are trying to put money aside for another trip to the renfest with friends in September. 

IMG_8096


Guys, I have a busy weekend planned, but  I am hoping to get some more blog posts prepped and ready to go. I haven't forgotten about my Q&A vlog, I have just been super busy, you know, being awesome. Or something. So stay tuned!

Details
Top Earrings,  & Necklace-Forever 21
Cardigan-Urban Outfitters
Boots-Target
Skirt-Thrifted
Belt-Modcloth
Crown-DIY

You Might Also Like

11 Musings

  1. I was right about the convertible Lol. Looks like an awesome afternoon, thank god its the weekend and I get to pick up my other from the first crash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa..oh what fun! Love the skirt! Looks like a great time.

    Oh..another laugh..about the sewing machines. I'm beginning to think I kill them. Mine was working so well..I have no idea what happened to it. Life is strange that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are such characters! Oh, it looks so fun. Its so humid here at the moment..I don't think fun is possible unless I'm in a dark theater.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hundred years from now, you and Kyle will look back at these pictures and say, "Wow, we were so young then. And happy."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, you guys had a blast and you can hand over that skirt. I love it! It's a great print. Everytime you go out, money is spent. It is so hard, but you have to get out sometime. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny pictures!
    I like your whole outfit, it's very cow boyish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SLR's suck for selfies! I always think I am about to drop it and then everything is way too zoomed! I think the group selfie is pretty awesome, everyone seems to be doing there own thing and someone just pulls out the camera unexpected haha.

    I still need to sew myself a dress, but I'm a little nervous about doing it. I need to get a new sewing machine, mines about 30years old...

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the perfectperfectperfect festival skirt - I love it! And that flower crown...so adorbs!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun - and that skirt! OMG fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your outfits and such cute photos!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. enter my £300 rayban and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.