Winter Florals9:19 AM
So it seems to be that time of year again. The time of year when I feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and make some resolutions for the next year. I had some really good ones last year but I forget to take in the fact that I want to achieve way too much for myself. That sounds horrible but it is true. This year I will continue to drag myself through work and school yet again, but this is the last year of it. One year from now I will have my BA finally and I will no longer be a Oakland University Grizzly bear. It is kind of sad, because as much as I hate the stress, I really love school.
I decided that I am not going to completely give anything up because I find that cutting myself off only makes me think of what I cannot have even more. So I am basing all of my goals off a reward system and substitution methods. I have a lot of faith in this, so I really hope that it works! That being said, here it goes:
1) Eat less fast-food. I wanted to give it up, but according to friends, Subway counts and I think I would die without Mc Donalds salads and Tim Hortins coffee on the way to school. The salad I eat when I visit Kyle at work, and I snag a coffee on the way to school twice a week. I still want to want to eat pizza too, but no more $5 ones from Little Caesar. If I want pizza, I am going to wait and get really good pizza like from Nikki's in Greektown in Detroit.
2) Eat less dairy. I have found that less dairy makes my stomach hurt less. The store by my apartment sells three brands of soy milk in three flavors, as well as rice and coconut milk. I actually like veggie and rice cheese, I like sorbet so I can skip ice cream (I love it, but I get sick after eating it). I still need to find a good replacement for yogurt. I know too much soy is bad as well, so I am going to try the coconut milk next week. I did not omit dairy completely because I do eat over at my parents house and at others occasionally and it would be hard on them to just cater meals around my unusual eating habits.
3) Learn more about coffee. I like to call myself a coffee enthusiast, but really I just like to drink a ton of it. I want to get a grinder soon because I mostly make coffee at home, maybe I can review coffee on the blog next year, eh? EH?
4)Volunteer. I got this one from my friend Dan. I have a pretty crazy schedule, but I was thinking of at least once per season, four times this year. I also usually partake in the Breast Cancer walk every fall, so I would also like to add one more walk or even a run this year.
5)Lose the rest. Two years ago I lost over 20 pounds and I have gone back and forth trying to lose the last bit. I also would like to tone up, and get back into yoga.
6) Pay off another card. I want to pay off another credit card and more this year. I had a lot of credit card debt four years ago and I still have a bit but I have cut it in half. I have three cards left to pay off and then I have to work on student loans, ick.
7) Sleep. Typically I stay up until 12am, then get up at 5:30 am. Sometimes I am so exhausted I miss the alarm and do not wake up until past 7am, which is when I am supposed to leave. Then on weekends I stay up until 2am and sleep until 11am. BAD. I need to be in bed by 10:30pm and up at 5:30.
8) Read more books. I want to read 12 books this year. That is a really sad number but considering how many books and stories I read for school, it is all I can do for the moment.
9) Watch more movies. There are so many good movies out there that I want to see but have not, so I want to watch 24 movies that I have never seen and I have a list of them that I created (and keep adding to) that I want to see.
I plan on keeping a list of books and movies that I do read and watch on excel and I hope to keep you lovelies updated on the progress. I already know that I will have to figure out what to do about friends, I think I might try hanging out earlier on Saturdays instead of Saturday night so I won't sleep in on Sunday's and waste the day. However, Kyle and I might still be looking at houses on Saturdays for a bit, but I have no idea what is going on with that. I want to put "buy a house" on my list but it seems the issues we are currently facing are not even in our control at the moment. I hope to have a more coherent update on the housing issue soon.
I decided to include Kyle in today's outfit photo because he wanted to wear all his new stuff the other day when we took these (he wears a uniform at work so he gets excited about clothes sometimes). Isn't he spiffy?
Belt & Cardi-F21
Hat-Handmade from artfair
Shirt & Hoodie-Target