Owls & Stripes

10:57 AM

IMG_8148

Here is the last really summery outfit that I will post, probably. You never really know in Michigan. It felt like mid-July on Friday, 90+ degrees, giant thunder storms, then we awoke on Saturday to fall! Anyway, this was from over labor day weekend, and I realized that I never posted an outfit with this dress. I think I wore this once per weekend over the summer after it went on sale at Target back in June, it is my first maxi dress. I have a hard time with these because I wear a smaller size on top, and a larger size on bottom (hello pear-shape!) but I finally said screw it and bought this one. 

It has been really awesome to have lots of posts ready in draft lately, I feel so organized-for once! I think I have finally found a good rhythm for my weekdays/evenings, and I am getting the most out of my time. I am busy from 6:30 am to 11 pm every night, between work, commuting, cooking, working out, walking the dogs, babysitting, blogging, cleaning, reading, and spending time with Kyle. Of course, all of this isn't every day, but by getting organized, I have more time on the weekends to do whatever I want. You have to plan things out, in order to have time to be spontaneous, go figure. 


IMG_8150

Of course, now my weekends are getting filled up! I was just invited to two bachelorette parties, and there are a ton of birthdays this time of year, not to mention our second wedding anniversary. I really don't know how we are going to fit everything in! I might have to go into full-hibernation after all of this. As it is, Kyle and I are hemming and hawing over signing up for the Turkey Trot this year (Kyle didn't get to run it last year). So many things to do guys, how do people with kids do it? 

IMG_8152

Details
Dress & Sandals-Target
Bag-Gift
Sunglasses-Urban Outfitters
Necklace-Motor City Comic Con
Belt-Modcloth 

You Might Also Like

8 Musings

  1. I love everything about this outfit! The dress looks great on you, I love all the colors! And OWL bag! Soooo cute!

    And I am equally busy I tell you and I don't know how I do it with a kid either, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for the weekends where we have no plans. I know, sad, right? And here I was just saying how I am envious of your busy weekends!!! I adore this dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..what lovely toenails! Great outfit! Hope Joseph is being a good boy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting those terrible thunderstorms right now! Great maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. My favorite colors. And adoring the necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say that your makeup looks absolutely AMAZING here?! So fresh and romantic - I love it!

    Also pertinent...no better combination than owls and stripes exists!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never gotten around to buying a maxi dress. It took me ages to buy a midi skirt, which I now love, but I don't think maxi's are for me. I think I'm too short.

    I've been trying to work on a new routine, juggling blogging/work/bf and other things in the evenings, so I can have more time to do stuff on the weekends. Lately we've had quiet weekends, so it's not too bad but as soon as we start doing things on the weekend then all my planning goes out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute dress! Love the colors in it. Also love your owl bag!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.