Eats: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

9:27 AM

Every time I bake bread in this pan, it forms a crack on the top that looks eerily similar to the one on Amelia Pond's wall from Doctor Who. Seriously, what the hell.

Anyway, I have made chocolate chip + nutella banana bread many, many times, but I was out of nutella the other week. I thought about just leaving it out, but after doing a bit of research I figured out that the amount of flour and sugar needed to be changed.I had also used frozen bananas for the very first time, which I had always been a bit leery about. It came out well, so I figured I would go ahead and do a post.

IMG_7882

Get
3 bananas (if frozen, let sit on the counter for 30-45 minutes until thawed)
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tablespoon almond milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon + cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350, and grease a 9x5 inch baking pan. Mix all dry goods together (except cinnamon) in a bowl. Stir bananas, chocolate, eggs, almond milk, and cinnamon in another bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl until light and fluffy. Stir banana mixture into butter mixture, then stir in dry mixture until it is blended. Stir in chips last, then pour into the pan.

Bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in loaf, 50-70 minutes.  Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

7 Musings

  1. Oh this sounds sooooo good. I love banana bread! I bet the almond milk gives it a super nice almond flavor!

    And yes you need to come to MN and drink beers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! Great to see this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always wanting to make this. So great to find this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so can't wait to try and bake this! Yum Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm the OH likes banana bread, I like nutella so I might be tempted to try both of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so much love for banana breads, never really lasts long around ours. Still never tried a chocolate one, have to give that a go!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.