Two Turntables And A Microphone

12:37 PM

Have you ever gotten that "Hey! You know who you look like/remind me of" and it turns out to be someone famous? Do you get excited? Feel flattered, or offended? 

Back in high school, I used to get Jenna Elfman, or Dharma, from "Dharma and Greg" a lot. Then, back when I first started blogging (almost five years ago now!) I used to get Zooey Deschanel on account of my dark hair and thick bangs. I have also gotten Bethany Cosentino, which is pretty bad ass. 

However, I don't always get the pretty ladies. I also get attractive guys! I am not opposed to being told that I look like a male, when your features (or even your clothing) are reminiscent of a person that someone just happens to think is aesthetically pleasing is awesome in my book. I mean, I am always told that I look JUST LIKE MY MOM (which is very, very true), but every now and again I am told that I look like my dad, or that one of my brothers looks a lot like me, and I am always flattered to look a little like all of my family members. 

That being said, back when I had the longer locks, I was once told that I reminded someone of Joey Ramone. As cool as Joey Ramone is, I chalked it up to the bangs. However, last week I received the coolest comment from one of my friends on Instagram, that the look I was donning reminded her of Beck! BECK you guys! I just happen to love his music, think that he is smoking hot, and I of course love his personal style. I am might have to wear an outfit inspired by him sometime on the blog. I mean, if I can pull of Cuomo Couture, I am pretty sure that I can look like a loser, baby. 

collage

Anywho, what do you think? Pretty cool! Are there any celebrities of the opposite gender as yourself that you wouldn't mind having a resemblance to?

You Might Also Like

16 Musings

  1. That's pretty awesome. I think it's the hat! And, your overall rock and roll style ha ;)

    Once...I got told I look like Bono. By some random dude at a Staples. Ummmm ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..this so game a chuckle! Thank you for making my Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an interesting Friday post!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Beck is pretty cool, I'd take that as a compliment too!

    I also get the "you look like your mom bit" most often though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lotta friends told me that I kinda look like Willy Wonka, hahahaha :'D BTW, yes, you're as pretty as Dherma! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do really like the Zooey D hair on you! Of course it is actually Sara hair she just totally copied you! You have such a great attitude about it all, even about being told you look like Joey Ramone! LOL. Cool dude indeed and I love the Ramones but I am not sure I would take kindly to that comment.

    I get told I look like my mum, though I do look quite a bit like my dad and very much like one of his aunts. My son looks a lot like me and people comment on that. As far as celebrities go, I used to get Mary Tyler Moore and Vicki Lawrence and a few times I was told I looked like Diana, Princess of Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be thrilled to be compared to any female celebrity. Except maybe Betty White...

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you put the photos side by side, you can see the resemblance.

    The best I've got is in a shop I worked in at 16 one customer liked to call me Avril... I had long dirty blonde hair and ALOT of eyeliner ;)

    Nowadays I don't get too many comparisons although Kris and I were mistake for Lesbians a few months back...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have gotten called John Lennon a couple times, when I had longer hair!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I get red headed version of Zooey Deschanel a lot a lot and I'm absolutely okay with that. I also get that I look just like my mom and when I'm with my sister people say we look alike too. When I was younger my aunt thought I looked like Avril Lavigne due to my long blondish-brown hair and excessive eyeliner. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see Jenna with you! I only get I look like my mama. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a thick pair of glasses and a cheap dodgy hair cut, I had the nick name of harry..Yip Harry potter..This was when it first came out. I don't know if it was a compliment or an insult lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't mind at all, as long as it's not some hideous dude! Chris once told me I looked like Helen Hunt, and even though he meant it as a compliment, I didn't take it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post was a lot of fun!! I can still see Jenna Elfman AND Zooey. I love the photos side by side! You have great style!!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some people said that I look like the girl in High School musical which i felt like "whatttt???" I always feel surprise when people say that I look like this like that lol It's funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see the Elfman lady! hehe. Cute!
    Oh no!!! Joey Ramone you definitely are not (poor guy was not attractive at all either, though I am sure he got the ladies anyway). I can see a little of Beck! That is cool!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.