Eats: Christmas Cookies!

11:17 AM

IMG_5121

Yesterday was my first day off for my vacation week and I spent it sleeping in, and baking cookies with Louie. I never left the house, and I regret nothing. 

I did have some issues with the cookies though, sadness. One of my pans burnt all of the cookies, and then had to be tossed out. I also put too many of the cookies on the pans (I was down to two at that point) and they spread into each other and came out like misshaped blobs. I also tried my hand at butter cookies, but no matter what I did, they were too soft and sticky. 

So after a panicky phone call to Kyle, he left work to bring me some new cookie sheets, parchment paper, and tins for the cookies. I decided to nix the butter cookies, and opted for sugar cookies. Well, they grew but tasted good, so I decided to dip them in chocolate to make them look more pretty. Diabetes cookies, FTW!

IMG_5123

This year we made: Molasses cookies, Oatmeal butterscotch cookies, Peanut butter, chocolate chip, and basic sugar cookies dipped in chocolate ganache (one cup heavy whipping cream -almond milk also worked- heated in a saucepan until it starts to boil. Then add 1 cup of chocolate chips, remove from heat and keep stirring until it makes a sauce). 

Happy Holidays!

You Might Also Like

11 Musings

  1. Those look so yummy! Merry Christmas Miss Sara!!!
    :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I always love hearing about haphazard cooking/baking adventures. Looks like you prevailed in the end, though! I should bake some cookies today....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw..love that you made cookies! I am a terrible baker..so I didn't even go there. I made chocolate chips (potato chips)dipped in almond bark. Easy and delicious. I have a feeling though..I'll have enough bark on my hands to last me til Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love just good old chocolate chip cookies. I did have a go at chocolate pudding shots tonight. Lets hope they are still good tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but they're look beautiful and yummy, sara! merry christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cookies! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHa! I'm laughing at your ordeal. You did an amazing job Sara! It all worked in the end. Merry Christmas doll!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of my cookies come out looking like misshaped blobs - I simply cannot bake. These, however, look scrummy!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lets look so good! i always wanted molasses cookies I 'm going to try to do next Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.