Thanksgiving Eats!

10:30 AM

Turkey day is almost here! I thought I would do a round-up of some recipes for the big day since it is nearly here and I wanted to be a little festive. I never used to be a fan of Thanksgiving, I hated what I was told about this holiday in grade school, only to learn the truth in high school and college. However, I think most people celebrate this day as a day to just be with friends and family and to be thankful for what they have now. Plus, food. Really, really good food if you are eating at my parent' house. One day, when Kyle and I are feeling brave enough, we will host a holiday dinner. In the meantime, we can practice with these recipes:

 IMG_9077

Oven Roasted Turkey- Might as well start with the main dish, Turkey! This was a bit of a hassle at first, because we didn't know what we were doing. For not having an exact recipe, it came out pretty fucking awesome. Half-ass instructions can be found here.

IMG_6778

Butternut Squash Soup- Squash is something that always appears at the table during the holidays. My mom is pretty creative with it, sometimes it is made mashed, and we mix it up with our mashed potatoes and gravy, other times she will roast them in the oven with seasonings so that they are kinda like fat sweet potato fries. One of my favorite ways to eat squash is in soup, so if you are looking for something different and kinda light, you can use this recipe

IMG_4095

Red Potatoes & Thyme- Mashed potatoes are a given, but if you would like to add another potato dish (because potatoes), this is a really easy one. You can even add more than just thyme, very simple and yummy. Recipe can be found here

IMG_3587

Green Bean Casserole- Casseroles just kind of appear at holiday dinners. They are not so bad though, and I honestly usually prefer them as a left-over because they thicken up a bit. I made this one over the summer, and we really liked it.

IMG_6749

Michigan Apple Pie- This one was great because it was the result of me sabotaging the top crust. I just used a Michigan cookie cutter to cut little shapes into the crust that I murdered, and them placed them on the top of the pie. Recipe can be found here

IMG_7153

Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins- There are loads of recipes out there for leftover turkey, stuffing, and whatnot, but here is a recipe for leftover pumpkin pie filling. Say if you are making a pumpkin pie the night before or whatever, you can make these (really quick recipe) and they can be for breakfast Thanksgiving day or something. Recipe can be found here.

Well that is it, a little mini round-up of turkey day eats! I hope that everyone has a great holiday, those who celebrate. Gobble, gobble. 

You Might Also Like

9 Musings

  1. Well now you made me hungry. And lunch isn't for another hour. Bad Sara, make the pregnant lady hungry.

    I'm teasing - I love all of your choices, green bean casserole is one of my favorites!! Thursday is going to be a fabulous day, I just can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that looks so good!!

    Happy Early Thanksgiving!

    xo – Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com
    Find me on BlogLovin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Yum! I'm flying in Sara. HAHAHA Your meals look so good. I just took my turkey out to defrost. I'm going to start cooking tomorrow so I won't have everything to do on Thanksgiving. Just the bird that day!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun. Love that you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely looking Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's what you're supposed to do with butternut squash. I bought some the other day, and have been microwaving it with a little margarine and salt, but it hasn't tasted very good {also, I set it on fire in the microwave, which I didn't even know was possible}. I should have made soup.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy it's not even funny. I'm craving Thanksgiving food... again!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you made quite the amazing feast!!!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.