Little Bits: Rosario Dawson

6:30 PM


 After a failed attempt at having fun at Orchid Saturday night, some friends and I decided to go to our usual shithole of a bar; Sneaker's in Ferndale. We were there a few hours and of course after countless $2 drinks, a few pitchers of beer, and a shot or two, my friend Dan says: "Hey Sara, isn't one of your biggest girl-crushes Rosario Dawson?" I respond: "YES." Then he points across the bar and says "That girl is Rosario Dawson." 

I didn't believe him at first so I walked a little closer to get a better look and about pissed myself because he was right! I wanted to go say hi, but I didn't want to be a dick, so I waited a little bit while others flocked around her and then when she came up, Mariah asked her if we could take a pic and she said yes. Then she asked our names and said it was nice to meet us. I was kinda pissed that I was slightly inebriated, because I proceeded to fan-girl. I even told her that I dressed as Valerie for Halloween a few years ago and she laughed and said "Nobody likes Valerie!" and I said "I do!" and she laughed again and said "So pretty and popular!" (one of Parker Posey's lines from the movie Josie and the Pussycats). 

She was really nice to everyone and even sang karaoke! Which is the only reason why I can fathom her being at that bar honestly. Sneaker's and Dino's are the only two bars in Ferndale that have karaoke on Saturday nights and Sneakers is a class A joint. I am not even kidding, there is a damn shower curtain separating the woman's stalls in the bathroom. Dino's is by far a nicer bar but very crowded and expensive, so I am guessing she might have wanted to deal with a smaller crowd but by then we were all packed like sardines. 

So yeah, I got to meet one of my favorite actresses at random! If I ever meet Zooey Deschanel or Rivers Cuomo I will probably just keel over. 


1) Bodiah and I with the amazing Rosario Dawson. 2) PBR Family, like you do. 3) LOKEYS. 4) Bodiah drew a potato on our white board. 5) GPOY, all day every day. COFFEE. 

You Might Also Like

13 Musings

  1. Wow! She is so talented. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool post! Really cool that you met her. Love the picture of all you guys together.

    That last picture is so cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You're so lucky! I'm not yet even over the fact you met Tom Hiddleston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! you are so lucky, Sara! How on earth do you manage to meet these incredible celebs all the time?! I live in SoCal and I've only encountered a few - Tyler Hoechlin of Teen Wolf being the most notable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut up! I love her! That sounds like the most amazing night ever! And what a great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your life is full of exciting encounters like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how random and cool! she sounds like she's really down to earth, which i'm sure encouraged your girl crush even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that was one of the only roles I enjoyed her in, honestly. Haha. Oh goodness. Did she sing karaoke WITH you or with whoever she was with? Anyway, that is really nice. She seemed pretty sweet considering the situation & her fame.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome that you got to meet her! She's so pretty and looks down to earth. HAHA you're smiling from ear to ear :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore Rosario Dawson, so amazing you got to meet her!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.