Faces

9:35 AM

bodiah 001 bodiah 002 bodiah 003 bodiah 004 
My camera has been on the fritz ever since I took pictures with Tom Hiddleston a few weeks back, he must have been too adorable for my camera ;) Most photographers would shrug off auto-focus, because only amatures use that feature, however, when outfit photos can only be taken in the few minutes between rushing out the door and the next destination, having the auto-focus work on my camera is a welcomed option. As you can see here, we made up for that by making crazy faces in the 100 degree weather. It is probably a good thing that these photos are a little unfocused as I am not wearing any makeup and was coated in a sheet of sweat, yummy!

Speaking of summer, all I want to do lately is read. I finally created an account with Goodreads and it is awesome to see all of the books I have read this year all lined up all pretty together. It is also cool to see what my friends are reading and recommending. I sometimes think I would love a job in publishing, or as a book critic, but I don’t think I could just read new books all of the time. There are too many classics that I want to get through and I am trying my best to pepper my reading list with said classics, you know, in between those 900 page George RR Martin books that I can’t put down...He is a life-ruiner folks. So on that note, what is everyone reading this summer?

Details
Dress & Shades-F21
Necklace-Borrowed from Mariah 
Shoes-Minnetonka
Purse-Target 
Bracelet-Gift

You Might Also Like

28 Musings

  1. That is great about George RR Martin! Funny, I have a character who's obsessed with that author..that I'm writing about who will come into the story in late July and August.

    Love your opening line about your camera and Tom.

    You guys look great. Its so steamy hot here..if only it were in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this summer dress! You two are so animated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is very cute!

    All I want to do in the summer is read too! Stupid job getting in the way...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. you are gorgeous with no make-up. 2. i would love a job reading books, but i would probably get stuck with high school math books or something like that. 3. i am reading *crap* books this summer. i feel like i might be getting dumber, so if you have any recommendations, i would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish I could read that series you are talking about. A true classic in the making. What an awesome creative writer.

    I'm afraid, I've been looking into modern romance with FRIENDS LIKE US, SPIN and some Young Adult stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such adorable photos!

    Oh, good luck with the scarves. I've been doing DIY stuff. I've been reading Kieron Scott this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some awesome reading you've been doing! I tried to get into 50 Shades of Grey..but it just didn't happen for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this summer dress. You two are so animated!

    Thanks for sharing about that author, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sara, thanks so much for following my blog :) love your plaid dress here, very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use auto all the time, cause I'm lazy :) You two gals are too cute for your own good. Seriously that last pic is crazy adorable. PS just friended you on goodreads. Oh how I love that site!

    Stop by & enter my Skincare RX gift card giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the cutest Summer looks... I love the square pattern dress.
    Checking out your posts you are definitely the queen of prints.
    All awesome.
    * STYLE ID NET *
    * Filomenas Closet *

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty photos! I love both of your outfits! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading is a joy that's always available to us and can become a lifetime passion. Plus, it improves our minds.

    I love looking at pictures of you. For some unknown reason, I smile spontaneously when I see you. I think if I ever met you in person, I'd explode...

    ReplyDelete
  14. My camera is acting up too. That's why I can't take as many food shots--they all suck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the reading all the time thing. . .granted I do read a lot (which you may notice on my goodreads. eeeeek). I love seeing what people are reading and many times I decide to read books when I read their reviews of books I never heard of or heard of but wasn't really interested in. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been thinking about starting up a goodreads account myself. Maybe I shall do that! Anyway, you look super cute despite the heat, which is more than I can say for myself. That dress is great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, you guys look so cute! It's totes okay that you weren't wearing any makeup. It's too hot for them anyway! :]

    P.S. Thanks for checking out my IMATS post part I.

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fresh and innovative ideas to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sara!!! Beautiful dress..and your look.

    kisses rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a great tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing this one.

    A must read article!
    Feel free to surf my webpage :: Loans Bad Credit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, the two of you are so adorbs, Sara! I LOVE your dress!

    P.S. I tagged you in my post today. You don't have to do the Tag if you don't want to; but you're one of my favorite bloggers, so I wanted to tag you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute dress! And I use the auto focus on occasion as well because it works when you're in a rush.

    I love GOT and read book 1. Haven't started book 2 yet because I know it's super long, but I think I want to get it read before season 3 begins.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love auto focus. I'm so lazy, haha! And v. cute dress! : )

    Style by Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  24. The hot weather does put the kibosh on outfit photos; I've been feeling sort of greasy and oily when I wait to midday to try to catch good light. I love the cool grays on you guys.

    I rely on Goodreads for my next book recommendation. So far, it's been 100% on track, picking great reads like it knows me inside out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your arms looked so toned. I'm jealous! Also, I am so curious with all that buzz about 50 shades of Grey. I'm not really the type who'd read what everyone's reading. That books famously trending. Whomever is behind it is doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the dress. I always adore this sort of pattern and I think that black is one of the colours it looks best in. Top marks for this outfit haha!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.