Rosie's Park

7:22 AM

black
black

Parks in Michigan’s suburbs: Where I once played soccer, wandered around in the wooded area with friends, and probably made out with Kyle as a teenager. Now a place for outfit photos, the trees protecting us from freezing our crazy asses off in the icy winds.

black
black

Does anyone else think it’s funny how we spend all of the cold winter months, complaining about the cold and the wind, hoping spring hurries up and gets here and then we wonder where the hell the last few months went? Typically, I like the cooler weather; I live in scarves and cardigans. However, this lack of a traditional winter is making me hope that the next season is more promising. On the calendar, spring is due to arrive the 20th of March, but we inhabitants of the Mitten-State know better. Spring will drag its ass until around the end of May, giving us a week of 70 degree weather before slamming us full into summer with temperatures in the high 90’s and lots of power outages. Still, its is nice to thaw, and to have outfit photos where it is not obvious that I am bracing myself from the cold.

black
black

Kyle on the other hand, he knows how to take outfit photos professionally and shows me what I am doing wrong:
kyle

Details
Coat, sweater & belt-Thrifted
Boots-Alloy
Dress-Modcloth
Scarf & necklace -Gift
Purse & Tights-Target

*Don't forget to enter to win a dress from Shabby Apple!*

You Might Also Like

21 Musings

  1. hahahaha..love Kyle's photo!

    Beautiful cardigan and scarf you have with this outfit. Hope you have a good Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is so inspiring..now I need to run to my closet and see if I can get ready for work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love the red. Great scarf too.

    You guys are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! & Kyle is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool park. Did you bring the joint, man?

    The last two photos are killers. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the print on your dress with the red cardigan - such a cute combo!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last two photos just made me snort, in my office at work...awesome lol! I love your dress, it's so flipping cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pose like ya mean it, Kyle! LOL!

    You look very cuddeable. I think it's the sweater. I like warm, thicker sweaters like that. I certainly wouldn't need a jacket in Phoenix if I had more of them! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the outfit! I can't even convince the hubs to take photos outside in the winter he is always "why are you taking your coat off?" "it's freezing out here"! ha

    your sooo true about michigan winters though, made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so pretty in the closeup shot <34

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture of Kyle made me spit my orange juice. So funny.

    I love the print on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowzer, Kyle is exuding sexiness.

    Spring is going to take its sweet time getting to us as well. I am so ready for this cold weather to be over. You certainly look cute despite the killer icy wind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit, you guys are adorable. I really try to embrace the weather as it comes. I'm not hurrying along spring just yet because next comes summer and it gets hot as Hades here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brrrr, it looks cold! I love the winter months, I honestly wish there was more snow so at least it justifies the cold weather. I love that scarf, I think I saw it in another post. Brings an extra umph! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, love this post..you..and of course, Kyle too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn, Kyle knows how to pose haha! I prefer cold days as well. I just love living in chunky sweaters, scarves, and boots. By the way, love your colorful dress! :D

    P.S. Thanks for checking out my Oscars fashion picks!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee
    Please support Give Jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice kyle haha I just love your dress so colorful. Aw I do miss spring

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kyle is such a model. He makes me think of Zoolander in that last picture! :P

    P.S. You look fantastic, Sara! I absolutely love all of the color in your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. it is nice to see how this dress is worn on a person. I bought it for my best friend during the cabin fever sale and she tried to send me a phone picture but it was hard to see. yey! I think you look great in it and I really love the scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a cold weather dresser all the way! I love me some layers.

    These pictures are just too perfect!! It's neat how the woods create a neutral backdrop for your colorful outfit to stand out against.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely LOVE the cold weather so much better than the hot. You can always add layers but you can never take off enough clothes! HAHAHAHA i just laughed SO loud about the photo of kyle - SO funny!

    You look gorgeous on the other hand (as always!!) and i just adore these photos!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.