Eats: Pesto Pizza

10:45 AM

Pesto Pizza 014

A few weeks ago I attempted to make a healthier pizza for Kyle and I and ended up making two really good individual pizzas. I have not mastered making pizza crust yet, but I found this really delicious looking pack of wheat flat-bread and I thought that I'd give it a whirl. I also dug out the last of the pesto from the freezer from this summer and I think there was a little too much oil in that batch because the crust burnt a little around the edges, but it tasted like pesto pizza heaven.

Here is what you'll need:
-Flat bread
-Tomato
-Artichokes
-Green pepper
-Onion
-Pesto (about 1/2 cup)
-Shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
-Red pepper flakes
-Cookie sheet

Pesto Pizza 002
Pesto Pizza 003
Pesto Pizza 004
Pesto Pizza 006

Chop all of the veggies and place in a bowl. Add as much pesto as you would like, a little goes a long way. Next, top with veggies and sprinkle a little bit of cheese. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. 

I could have easily just shared one of these with Kyle, and I think I ended up only eating half of it. Kyle really liked this and I am kinda bummed my stash of pesto is gone, I might have to hit up a farmers market or something and track down some cheap pesto because it tastes so good when you make it at home.

Pesto Pizza 007
Pesto Pizza 009

You could try any kind of veggies also, obviously. Like I said, the edges came out a little burnt, but the pizza was great. I am on mission to learn how to make pizza crust this year, so I expect there to be another pizza post coming soon.

Pesto Pizza 008


You Might Also Like

9 Musings

  1. I know this comment isn't particularly timely, but I really need to make pesto from scratch next summer! You've convinced me.

    I like your 26 goals list. I need to work on being punctual as well. I used to be one of those annoyingly early to everything people, but I've dropped the ball recently (I think it's because I live "too close" to everywhere I need to go and always assume it will take less time to get there than it actually does, but the real culprit is probably the internet). This past October, I was running 2 minutes late to meet a friend and before I could even squeak an apology out she said, "It's okay, I'm used to it." That was like a death knell because I NEVER wanted to be that disorganized so I am working on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so yummy! I really liked this. I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pizza pie. Lots of good thing on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flat bread pizza! I have finally started making my own crusts. I cannot wait to post more in my pizza section of my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful pizza. I'm sure it was good. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so delicious! good luck with making a new dish every week. i look forward to getting more recipes from you and hopefully trying one of yours this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmigosh Sara this looks INCREDIBLE - seriously want it NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.