Eats: Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

6:09 PM

Xmas 028

With all of this health food I have been enjoying lately, I have forgotten about two posts I had stored up from over the holidays. Kyle and I made some cookies for friends as part of their gifts, and oatmeal butterscotch cookies are a favorite in my family and Kyle is a huge fan too.

What you'll need:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 bag of butterscotch chips

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until golden brown. 

Xmas 017
Xmas 019
Xmas 020

We ended up making two batches of these and two batches of the peanut butter chocolate chip ones I always make. Kyle is a little mad at me because we only ate the broken cookie bits and gave all of the ones we made away to everyone. I am on a mission to find a healthier substitute for us, I just bought some healthier flour so that is a start.

Xmas 021
Xmas 022

As you can see, I am a fan of making the cookie dough into little balls, and Kyle is a fan of flattening the cookies out. However, when my dad makes them, as he famously does, he makes them like mini pancakes. Of he could spread the dough across the pan and make one giant one, he would.

Xmas 025

You Might Also Like

10 Musings

  1. These are just beautiful. I want them already. Thanks for supplying the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I have a weakness for cookies. absolutely any kind, i'll eat!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum....delicious...
    Kisses sara
    Rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome foodie post! Kyle is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combo of oatmeal and butterscotch. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you came by and linked up your cookies. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be sending me a batch of these, right? Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing, it's making my mouth water looking at them! :) xx

    http://how-to-smell-the-couture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of the most significant info for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style is ideal, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers
    Swiss Chopper Knife

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.