Sideburns & Bangs

8:25 PM

yardandmisc 025
yardandmisc 021
yardandmisc 028

Well if you haven't guessed already, I have decided to take the plunge and rename the old blog. I had picked "She is Sara" kind of out of the blue when I first started this blog over two years ago. I have thought about changing the name for awhile now, but I could not really think of anything. Then, a few months ago when Kyle and I started planning our wedding I created a private blog for wedding ideas and I named it "Sideburns & Bangs". Well, Kyle really liked the name because those are our most recognizable features. Then I started to really like the name, and since I have been phasing from one chapter of my life to the next, I figured it was time.

yardandmisc 026
yardandmisc 024
yard
yardandmisc 023

It may seem odd to just change the name of a blog and not start a new one, but this little blog could not be what it is without the help of Kyle. Everything from the outfit photos he takes, to the thrifting trips, teaching me how to use the camera, eating all of the strange food I make and post upon here, and of course the little random trips we take.

So, please change my name on any blog links out there (which reminds me, I need to update my blog roll!) and spread the word. I had to create a whole new facebook page,  if you would like to become a fan, please do so. I am working on a new header, something that matches a little better, so please bear with me.

Now I am off to wash up and go to bed because I skipped class due to my massive exhaustion. I hope you are all having a great week so far :)

yardandmisc 029


Details
Turtle neck sweater & chucks-Gift
Scarf-Thrifted
Bag-Sears
Jeans-AE


You Might Also Like

26 Musings

  1. Yay! I was a little disoriented at first, but I'll get over that. And so will everyone else. I agree this new name reflects you guys and I wish you success -- which I'm certain you'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute name for your blog! Definitely fits you well and pretty darn cool that you have a little piece of your special dude in the name. I'm the same way...my blog would be nothing without my hubs so the name came from a song lyric I wrote about him..haha. Anyhoo, I am drooling over that purse of yours...so pretty! Sweet as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw..what a fun title..Yes, those sideburns are very important..I see the winter wear is coming out. Expecting snow here tonight. Love Kyle's plaid shirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The next chapter. I like that. Love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that he has on purple! How cool is that. Love your hair, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is cool! Wishing you the best in this new phase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm glad Kyle likes the title too. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I love the new blog name! And the reasons for naming it this :)
    You look so cute in these photos! Your bag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. works for me since i just started following you two days ago. i like the new name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an incredibly perfect blog name! I had noticed on Bloglovin', the name had changed so I sensed this was coming. I will get right on changing your links on my page.

    This is an insanely cute casual outfit! I would wear something just like this in a heartbeat. If only I had an Autumnal toned scarf...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How absolutely ADORABLE is your new blog name! awww! that's so crazy because josh has sideburns and i have bangs too! i love it :)

    btw, love your hair and your outfit as always! ♥

    xx
    lyndsey of hellolyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new blog name and excited to read more posts about the new chapter in your life. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that butterfly bag! Call it whatever you want, I'll still come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the new name! And I love that you shout out to Kyle in it. That is just the sweetest. I'm excited to see what you come up with...just PLEEEASEEE keep making awesome posts that I can read en masse, you are seriously one of my favorite writers in blogland (then again...I know you will cause you are so good).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loooove that you've changed your blog name to include your amazing guy Sara! It is the cutest thing/ ever. And something else I'm seriously LOVING is you in those jeans. I just stated to my friend "I want to go Jean shopping" because of you. I hate jean shopping. But you give me hope. That I can find a relationship so pure, and a pair of jeans so rockin.

    Oh girl you amaze me.

    I've been contemplating starting a new blog. Or re-naming. Or something. To start over. To get back into things. ARGH :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the new name, it suits you both. Starting a new chapter in your life is the perfect reason to change your blog name. I like that it represents the beginning of your lives together.
    Later when you get a divorce you can change it to 'Just Bangs'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the new name! just followed you on facebook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the new blog title! It fits you two so well!! Although, while looking through the blogs I follow I couldn't find you and became nervous that you deleted your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the new name and love that gorgeous bag!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it is lovely. I like Sideburns AND bangs. I miss when my husband used to have them. I used to make him have them hahahahaha. Now I leave him alone. He doesn't like when I have bangs and I'm currently growing them out, but I prefer having bangs. I'm sure I'll have them again honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the name of the blog!! It's cute and whimsical.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the new blog name and it's sweet and somehow romantic but not in a cheesy kind of way.

    He's got sideburns and you've got the bangs. Haha! Not to mention the blog and like you, I'm most thankful for the people who contributed with me blogging from the photos to the places we've been to.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.