Sara & Sparrow

6:28 PM

Liams first tigers game 122

Its the end of an era! If you have been reading my blog for the past year, you might have seen photos of this girl on many occasion popping up on posts. Lauren, from Sparrow & Urchin and I have grown to be very close friends over the past year, she even did a "how we met" post for me last November when school took over my life and I did not have time to blog. We have been though a lot together from blogger meet-ups, a trip to Dayton Ohio, terrible breakups and housing issues, late-night conversations over pints, talking about everything from boys to poop, mostly poop, we share a love for our dog-children, we've had arguments and disagreements (don't tell Lauren that you don't like Bones and don't tell me that Rivers Coumo has a big head). There have been times where we have text each other all damn day and other times where we have not talked for weeks. We now have expanded our group of friends, and it seems every time we go to a bar in Ferndale, we run into each others friends.

Liams first tigers game 123

I am a huge introvert. Lauren is an extrovert, and there have been times when we could not figure each other out but drop us off in a vintage resale shop or a thrift store and we are good to go.  Lauren is different from most of my other friends, maybe it is the Ohio/Michigan thing but Lauren is more outgoing than most people I know. Or I should say she is on a whole other level of outgoingness.  She is always out and about texting me to try new things and new places, she has been to every single state except for like four and is currently about to move to California to start a whole new adventure.

Although Lauren cab be the opposite of me in many ways (her moving across the country while I just bought a house a mile away from the one I grew up in), I feel that she has made a significant impact on my life. I have a curiosity about art that I did not have before, I cave in and listen to Lady Gaga once in awhile, I find myself defending Ohio to Michiganders (there is more to Ohio than Ceder Point guys), and I am slowly wanting to explore new places like Lauren does. 

Game 076

I am going to miss this girl, a lot. But the most obvious thing we have in common is blogging and a love for sharing the random shenanigans we get into with the world. I will be able to keep tabs on her through her blog and of course facebook, emails & phone calls. Plus she has to come back and visit because she is going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding next fall, so there is no escaping me, she is stuck with me, muwhahahaha! For now, I have a million picture of us making faces like this to remind me of the good times I have spent with the Sparrow. 

You Might Also Like

18 Musings

  1. What a lovely tribute to your friendship. Good friends make a huge difference in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw..I'm glad she's coming back to your wedding. Hope you guys have some sweet times before she leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, its great to have friends like Lauren. I'm glad you two are keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you 2 the best to keep in touch and have great times together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so sweet. Great you guys have so many pics together too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good friendship. Great you posted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its great to post about this. Sweet post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really a wonderful tribute to her. I'm glad you are staying in touch..and a WEDDING! Oh how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...you and Lauren are adorable together. It's nice to have a friend like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful. I have enjoyed your friendship mentioned in each of your blogs over the past year or however long it has been now that I've read both of your blogs. I am glad that she had you there for her too when she moved in your state! That's great that you get along so well. Love the funny shots of you two too!

    I'd be like you too with the moving a mile away from home I grew up in. I want to live in my home if my parents ever move, but I wouldn't be able to afford it. I live 5 minutes from where I lived my WHOLE life (since marriage I am living in my third home). I think it is crazy how many places she's been to as well, but that's really exciting sounding to travel and learn of new environments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute post and lovely tribute to Lauren. That's pretty darn awesome how you guys came to be friends and have really developed a life long bond to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I love these pictures of you and Lauren together. You two always take the best goofy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a sweet post. and i think it's fantastic that the two of you have become such great friends, especially through blogging.

    gotta go check out your buffy guest post--love buffy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, this is too damn sweet! Friendships are one of the best parts of life. <3

    Good luck to Lauren on her adventure and I'm sure you guys will keep in touch and be friends forever!

    I can't wait to hear dets about your wedding! :]

    xoxo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhh so so so super duper sweet. I dont think she would want to get rid of you anyway. love the pics. its great to find a great friend :) So hard to come by

    ReplyDelete
  16. awwww, this is super sweet! and congrats on getting married! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Friendships that stand any test are hard to find so you are very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys are too cute. So cool to read how you guys have became good friends and have enhanced each other. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.