Mismatched

7:12 PM

yellow
yellow

It is possible to feel refreshed and exhausted all at once? That is how I feel right now. This week I have been working hard to make sure I finish all my lists, I create a new one everyday and so far I have managed to check everything off each one. So far my resolutions are sticking (I know, it's barely been a week) but all week I have been getting up at the crack of 5:30 am to do a 10-15 minute workout and I have managed to get the five pounds of holiday pudge off. Louie is really appreciating it, since I have been sucking it up and taking him for hour long walks instead of 15 minute ones and then making Kyle take him again when he gets home. In order to manage this I have had to shed my outfit and don my leggings and sweats to stay warm but I think it is going to pay off in the long run.
The hardest struggle is work right now, I am so far behind! Each time either me or my boss goes on vacation, we get swamped. It is looking like I might have to work a few Saturdays or something, well at least overtime is always good right? Btw, you can always tell when I have taken my own pictures because my buddy the dumpster is always in the background.

yellow
yellow

I have to say that I am kind of really liking this momentum that I have. By being super-busy, I somehow become less annoyed by the little things. It's like I am on some path to a bigger and better thing and I am not going to let all the pen-tapping and interruptions get to me. I am plotting outings with friends, and my next Cuomo Couture outfit (I didn't forget about it, but when scrolling through tons of pictures of Rivers, I tend to get side-tracked by massive amounts of adorableness and forget that I am supposed to be looking for an outfit) and I still have a few things to style up for Here to There (like this skirt).
I really am lucky to have Lauren as a friend, I know we link each other all the damn time on our blogs, but that is what happens when you live practically next door to each other. We have only known each other for a few months but I feel like I have known her forever. I have truly enjoyed meeting all her friends, they are all so nice! I think I am just in shock  because most of my friends are like me, sarcastic and relentless. We can be really, really mean to each other, just for fun. If you step in a pile of dog poop in your bare feet when drunk, we will make fun of you, if you pronounce milk the wrong way, we will argue that ours is the correct way. God forbid if you are Canadian. We will then blame you for Nickelback and Celine Dion. Okay, so maybe we are just that mean among ourselves, but it is still awesome to meet new people, who happen to be really nice.

yellow


Details
Top/dress-Urban Outfitters
Scarf-Gift
Tights-CVS
Boots-Sears

Song "Take out the Trash" by They Might Be Giants

yellow

~Toodles.

You Might Also Like

29 Musings

  1. Aaahhh the first picture isn't working for me! D:

    I love these photos though, they're so cute! Bah stop it. I love that plaid shirt especially. I'm also super jealous that you and Lauren live right by each other -- I want a blog neighbor! :P And I'm also jealous you already lost 5 lbs; I'm afraid to check the scale yet as I'm pretty sure I haven't lost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha these pictures slay me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are awesome!
    Congrats on the weight loss. I've been slacking...

    Bleh. Nickelback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so adorable that last pictured.

    So great about your energy level! I hope you keep it up. Remember to rest.

    Love the flannel with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so so so super cute. I love the color combo you have going here. I know that feeling of refreshed/exhausted...its almost like waiting for exhaustion to kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your skirt! These two patterns are so cute together! And good luck with your resolutions, though it seems like you're doing a great job so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an interesting combo! flannel and floral. dude, i am a big list-maker, too. hope you stay happy busy! i like to do the same thing, as long as i get rest and breaks in between. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun pictures. I'm so glad you are getting so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These made me laugh..as in laughing with you. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! Love this. & very happy those lists are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is mega cute, I adore the prints together and the colors suit you so well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my exercise regiment. I've lost like 25 pounds or something nuts. Congrats on your success! Your a pretty girl, either way ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute outfit! congrats on sticking to your resolutions you look great but that is nothing new but i am glad to hear you feel great and that pups is enjoying it as well. best of luck with work you will get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your plaid shirt! :) and i love the snow :) im trying to collect heeps of plaid shirts as of the moment :)

    http://lifespamphlet.blogspot.com/2011/01/gallery-of-resolutions.html

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Refreshed and exhausted at the same time? Ummm...yes, that is totes possible! I am experiencing it myself at the moment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That last photo is priceless, gotta love ya Sara! :p

    Cute outfit, I love the pattern mixing, so much going on its utterly delightful!

    I'm glad the NYE resolutions are going well. Losing 5lbs. already is amazing and a good incentive to keep everything up! Walking Louie longer is a good idea because you get outside (something we Midwesterners fail to do in the winter even though we desperately need what little sun there is), keeps the pup happy, and I actually lost like 10lbs in Edinburgh this past semester due to walking. Well, that must be the reason because I drink consistently, eat like I always have, and don't go to the gym- walking is awesome!

    And keeping busy is my MO as well. For me its beneficial because I have less time to overanalyze ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's true that when we focus on the big picture (such as getting things accomplished), petty stuff disappears from our lives because its smallness seems so insignificant.

    I love this skirt, especially twirled, and that last picture of you is going into my archives!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of these photos. I've stepped in dog poop before while barefoot. That was not fun at all. .thankfully years later I worked with puppies for a year and a half cleaning their diahrea(sp) which was much worse than stepping in fresh warm poopi!

    You seem like such a fun person to hang out with and I love how vibrant you are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with keeping up with your resolutions! While you're waking up at 5:30 AM I'm just getting to bed. Haha. Also, I love the skirt with the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dangit!!! How do you always know how to mix your patterns so perfectly?? I have gotten much, much braver with it and actually have gotten to the point where I feel "boring" if I'm not wearing a pattern SOMEwhere in my outfit...but you just mixed 3 patterns together and did not come out messy - you came out perfectly! :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the mix of patterns and prints in your outfit! Especially your skirt! I'm also very sacastic with my close friends but since they're all away, it's quite hard to find someone that I can exchange "mean" words..haha. Have you watched a show called Will and Grace? I like that when you're best friends with someone, you can say the most aweful insults to each other and they will throw the same back to you but you'd never get mad! How cool is that! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like January is off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such an awesome and fun mix of patterns for such dreary weather! This is just what I need to see in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are the queen of mixing patterns! I love it! Thanks for your comment Sara, and you should totally go see True Grit :)

    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This outfit is so quirky and cute, I love it! Great blog!

    diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. youre sooo adorable ! loove the photos, and the skirt is AWESOME! :)
    And I think you're right, when you have more to do , you don't have time to think of the littlest things that can be annoying at times.. nice :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. awesome i love the way you played with the patterns! good job on the weight loss =]

    ReplyDelete
  28. your floral skirt is gorgeous!! love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.