Coumo Couture #2

6:45 PM

sweater

As promised here is another Cuomo Couture look. Striped top, shorts, glasses, you know, the essentials.  Right now I am in the process of making my famous Jambalaya! It's famous because I make it really spicy and anyone who eats it tells all of their friend not to eat it because it is too damn hot. What can I say? I live for spicy food! I actually wanted to make a vegetarian jambalaya but Kyle wasn't going for it. One plus about having a class with Kyle is that it frees up Monday nights so I can actually cook something. We had spaghetti  last week, I bought a crock pot at the salvation army a few weeks ago and it is the greatest thing in the world! Seriously, go get one. You out everything in it in the morning, and when you get home it is like someone made you a homemade meal while you were away! Which in fact, you did.


School life is going pretty steady. I got %100 on my Romeo and Juliet quiz (I love me some Shakespeare!) and my British lit professor both looks and sounds like Molly Shannon. It is really awesome! We are currently reading "North and South" by Gaskell and I have to say that I don't mind it so far. Granted I do have to cram in about 12 chapters tonight but it seems to be going pretty steady. I am anticipating writing my first paper for news writing and I am a little anxious that the topic I picked was lame. I chose to write about the free bicycles that OU provides for students to ride from class to class. I figured with a basic topic there was room to get creative, but I am worried she is going to make me pick a different topic.

Work is almost back to normal too. I can't wait for that overtime check!! One of my resolutions is to pay down debt so that is where the extra cash is going. I think I might treat myself to some bright, booya nail polish though.  Either way, it's nice being able to take a normal lunch again, I am still working my way through "Oscar Wao" and I cannot wait to do a book review on it. It is just sad that I only get a few minutes at lunch and before class to read. When I was in high school, I would read almost a book a day. Le sigh

sweater
sweater

Oh and before I go, check out these guys! less than $2 with my value world coupon! Woot woot! I had to do some scrubbing but they are so cute!

What have you guys been up to this week so far? :)

Details
Top, Shorts, and shoes-Thrifted
Sweater-Old Navy
Tights-CVS
Necklace-Gift

You Might Also Like

35 Musings

  1. I love this idea, to do outfits inspired by Rivers Cuomo! I did an outfit sort of loosely based on Matthew Gray Gubler the other day so I appreciate this, haha. Anyway, this is such a cute outfit! I love your sweater, and those shoes- two dollars?! That's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally just reminded me I want to read Oscar Wao. I had to put my name on the hold list, but it's in at another library branch so hopefully I will get it soon. I've been wanting to read it for years, I've heard it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shoes! They are so adorable! They have a short interview with Rivers in the Dec/Jan issue of Bust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jambalaya! And the spicier, the better.

    Can I come over and taste yours? Please?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your outfit. it's so sweet looking! your shoes are adorable. congrats on getting an A+ on your quiz! glad i came across your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love the outfit..Spicy foods help the circulation! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is too cute! And yes, I agree with you about crock pots, I just bought one a couple months ago and I've made corned beef, apple sauce and many other delights in that thing. WHY oh WHY didn't I register for one of these when we got married 5 years ago!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your shoes and it photo as well sara..
    hype!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everything evens out! I start my spring semester today so that's what I'll be doing :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I think of Molly Shannon teaching a class, I totally think of the scene in Never Been Kissed where she pretends to be the sex ed teacher while visiting Joise. Ah, I love that movie. :P
    Also your article pitch reminds me of Gilmore Girls where Paris assign's Rory the new parking lot at Chilton.
    Wow, I think I remember too many random things. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the Rivers chic, its a cute outfit regardless of the awesome musical reference

    I'm glad school is going well. You're way more on top of your reading than I am. Trying to read Huck Finn for my American coming of age lit course, but all I remember about this book is that I put it down when I was 15 and had to read it for my American lit survey course haha. Not a good sign.

    I want your jambalaya recipe! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inspiration and loving those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kyle sounds like a guy I know..he'd have to have meat too...especially, in something spicy. Love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful outfit. Yeah! for a home cooked dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so happy! =) And that's such a pretty sweater you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooo pretty. Yummy Spicey food too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great rivers looks. i just picked up hurley, from the library, dont tell, very excited. mm jambalaya sounds awesome! congrats on the 100 thats awesome. look forward to your oscar wao review i really liked it. i just finished "the art of racing in the rain" by garth stein, and it was awesome highly recommend you know with all your free time. a

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute outfit Sara! I really need to start wearing my striped tops more. I love your necklace too. My week has started off very sleepy..I wish I were in bed now. xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, Sara, I just read your bio and I also love crunchy foods, I live for them! :-) xxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. The stripes, the glasses, the oxfords... Lookin' good girl!!!

    Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

    Oh, and stop by my blog and sign up for the swimsuit GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rivers needs to start wearing leg warmers, 'cause it's so cooooold in the D!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so many good things in this post!! LOVE the outfit, definitely my favorite that i've seen on you. i've been meaning to get myself a crockpot!! this has officially convinced me.

    those shoes are a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i really do love this outfit! the girl version! cute necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great look, I love the colour combination and I adore the top with the sweet red and white stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. stripes look amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the sweater and your addiction to Weezer :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cuomo Couture! I was wondering when you'd do another one of these. I super love your sweater and shoes. And basically all of this outfit. You're so badass as Rivers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your posts are a nice reminder of when I was in college.(Sadly, a very long time ago) Neat shoes. Totally worth the money and more!

    ReplyDelete
  29. We totally have the same thrifted boots!!! Fun! I love this outfit and how even though your style idol is a boy, you make it work.
    Don't worry about news writing, the key is not to think about it too hard. A very wise professor (and also the founding editor of USA today) said to me: "Well what would you want to know about it?" I was a journalism major and would stress to no end until he said that, and after I relaxed it became easy peezy.
    Crock pots rule. Love that you got yours at Salvation Army!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've always heard it said that professors never give 100% grades to people, but you proved that wrong just now! That's awesome. You must be brilliant to do so well in college like that.
    you and your Weezer love. hehe.
    I love your sweater so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey! Just wanted to let you know that we've planned a Michigan blogger meet-up on Friday, Feb 11 in Ann Arbor. More details: http://wp.me/ph1hP-1a5 Hope you can come :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. you are so cute. i love that red and camel color combination! it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really love the sweater, Sara! & the shoes! Aw man, I've been keeping myself so busy. That's all I've been up to. Plus school & all the good stuff starts so, so soon for me. Kind of exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.