Something Borrowed, Round #2

8:09 AM

So remember this post? I took a cute look that I really liked from a fellow blogger and tried to recreate it with my own clothes? Well I did that again over the weekend! Only there is a twist, you see, when I saw this post at Elizabeth's blog, Delightfully Tacky, I decided I wanted to try it. Then I noticed that she created a similar look before, but with different pieces. So, I thought I would try to do a Night & Day look, with inspiration from hers. Yay style chains!


Here are Elizabeth's looks. I knew I would be able to pull off something like this after I bought my striped skirt at Pitaya a month ago. It is perfect, not too short for work and I like how the stripes thicken towards the bottom, making it a little unique. I already own more plaid then I know what to do with so that was easy, and I have also been living in the mocs ever since I bought them at Incognito (they have three other kinds in stock right now and I am having a hard time resisting them, they are sooo much better quality than any other brand that I have tried). So for a day of bumming around Royal Oak and Detroit with Kyle, here is my "day" look:


 Details
Top-Mudd
Flannel-F21
Skirt-Pitaya
Shoes-Minnetonka

I went out with my neighbors for a "girls night" and I just changed the tank, threw on my heels, and brushed my hair :P It was really too warm for tights in the mitten, but I live in mosquito hell so the tights help keep the bites at bay. The last pics were a little rushed because we were on the way out the door. (Seems to happen a lot lately lol) But I promise to fill you guys in on that in another post :) 


Look at the craziness that is my bangs! I did comb them out before I went out I promise lol. Alright guys, the tummy is rumbly and I have some Chinese food calling my name. I hope that you guys liked my version of these looks, and thanks to Elizabeth for letting me borrow some pics! 

Details
Top-Kmart (boys 6-pack)
Flannel-F21
Skirt-Pitaya
Tights-CVS
Shoes-payless

You Might Also Like

30 Musings

  1. Love the look with the black shirt so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I think you borrowed inspiration from Elizabeth wonderfully :) Love your day to night look. Hey, now I wanna try this with one piece. The style chain lengthens! You look hot in heels. Love that casual but glam look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You are so good at mixing patterns. The stripes and the floral are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You look so classy in high heels! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit! I think you did a great version of it. hehe I'm such a fan of plaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! you look great. I love that you're rockin' minnetonkas too. my favorite shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these patterns together <3

    you totally pulled it off, looks amazing <3

    MON CEHRI !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both these looks Sara, your styling is really great. Style chains are awesome, I get most of my inspiration from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog and nice pics

    take a look at my blog if you want :)

    xx
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the stripes in the skirt. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like how you can wear this in so many ways. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea. Love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you've made the look your own!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Love the recreation! Plaid and stripes are so fierce together, and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the night look! All the black makes the mix of patterns really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the second look. The tights and heels pulls it togther and makes it chic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job with the 'borrowed' look! I love the mix of patterns; the washed-out floral is great against the bold plaid and stripe patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks. I think the tights highlight the skirt in a cute way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun post! I also really like the way the stripes get bigger toward the bottom of your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sara! Thank you for your lovely comment :) I think your striped skirt is wonderful! I have been on a lookout for stripes like that and even resolved to just buying some cloth so I could have it customized. But I havent found the cloth yet :( Either way, seeing it on you makes me smile already so its really inspiring! ;)

    -Gayle
    Follow my blog :D
    www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You channel her so well! I love the look with the heels!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your take on this look. Unfortunately all of my striped skirts are vertical, so I can't help the style chain along.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sara, this is so fun! I love seeing how other bloggers inspire one another. You look adorable in both the day and night looks. This makes me want to go out and buy some plaid and some moccasins! So comfy looking; it suits you well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute! I love the second look. It's the great outdoors meets the city.

    Can't wait for the postcard. I <3 snail mail.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow, that puppy is very cute! I love the last look with tights. The daring combination is balanced by all the black beneath. :)

    Join our giveaway to win a fabulous dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. ouchh!! i lovee the second oneeee!!! u look amazingg !! :)) i think i need to invest on plaids,, :P n will soon borrowed ur style n dress up like this,, :))

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you did the night and day thing! It looks great and so similar to Elizabeth's but still so you! :) Fun post! :D

    Love,
    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. you look so cute!! I love the pattern mix. good eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the fact that you borrowed a look yet made it your own and did not mimic her to much and you keep it real!

    ReplyDelete

Talk nerdy to me.